Are contact lenses suitable for me?
Will contact lenses be suitable for me?
Contact lenses are a great addition to your eye look. With advances in contact lens technology, materials and design, more patients than ever can wear contact lenses.
Lenses to correct even the highest prescriptions, including short-sightedness, long-sightedness, astigmatism and varifocal lenses are available.
Age is no longer a barrier.
There are even lenses designed for dry eyes. So no one should think “ Lenses are not for me”
You can wear them on a daily basis, part time, for sports or just for those special occasions.
Benefits of Contact Lenses-
- Increased peripheral vision
- Ideal for sports and outdoor activities
- A new look- redefine your appearance
- UV protection
- No need to switch spectacles when wishing to wear sunglasses
- Don’t steam up or get wet in the rain
- Enable goggles, helmets to be worn with ease
Here at CATS we have a specialist interest in contact lenses. We will advise you on the best type of lens for you and your lifestyle, after carrying out a thorough eye examination, discussing your requirements and taking measurements to select the correct fitting lens.
Once a contact lens has been fitted and you are comfortable with it you will be taught:
- How to put the lenses in and remove them
- How to care for them
- General do’s and don’ts
- You will be able to trial the lenses at home
- A follow up appointment will be made to decide if you are happy with the lenses and if your eyes are tolerating the lenses.
- Sometimes a further lens trial is required to ensure we get the perfect lens for you
- You may require another appointment to increase your confidence with handling the lenses. We will support you and offer you assistance and advice so that you feel at ease when handling your lenses.
- You will be followed up with regular check ups
Why not book a contact lens appointment today to find out which is the best lens for you?